For the past 3 years I’ve been travelling almost continually, with no fixed home in any place.
Looking back, I’m totally overwhelmed by everything I’ve seen and all the people I’ve met. Encapsulating it all into a single post seems impossible, but I wanted to somehow express a sense of it. So, I present a few of the most useful, and not so useful, discoveries I’ve made along the way.
1. Cities where you can hear a pin drop.
2. A friendly face if you look hard enough.
3. Signs, Part 1.
4. Jaw dropping beauty.
5. The overwhelming hospitality of strangers.
6. The biggest smiles in the poorest places.
7. True belonging.
8. Minimalism looks good in a photo but starts to suck in real life.
9. Roti Canai!
10. A place for great Vietnamese coffee in Bangkok.
11. Grand ambition.
12. Journaling keeps me sane.
13. The bliss of sitting in the back of a cafe, in a new city, just watching and absorbing.
15. Lisbon’s very own Sardine Museum.
16. The agony of wearing barefoot shoes in Lisbon. The entire city has cobbled streets!
17. Porto makes my heart sing.
18. I miss playing the guitar.
19. The pain of revisiting the place of a first date.
20. The absolutely amazing experience that is Couch Surfing.
21. I’m here to notice these things.
22. Not everywhere will welcome me with open arms.
23. Taking candid photos is fun.
24. Getting caught isn’t.
25. A home might be kind of nice.
26. I am home.
28. Walking with Alan Watts.
29. Chocolate brownies in Amsterdam sometimes turn out to be just chocolate brownies.
30. Those who plan succeed.
31. I need to go back to Singapore.
32. The magic that is Teh Tarik.
33. I can run but I can’t hide.
34. Arriving is pure heaven.
35. Cities where you’ll never get wet.
36. Some like it cheesy.
37. Sketching on my iPad.
38. The importance of sharing my work.
39. Things aren’t always what they seem.
40. You’re never too old to write someone a love poem.
41. You ‘aint seen traffic ’till you’ve been to Vietnam.
42. Ground-breaking modern art.
43. The breath-taking splendour of Angkor Wat (even after a punishing 20 km cycle ride!).
44. Ice-cream and bread go surprisingly well together.
45. Some opportunities only come once.
46. Morning appreciation.
47. Coffee and cake Moscow style.
48. Life in The Blocks.
49. Sometimes we need to hit bottom.
50. Some things make me want to shout.
51. On Tuk Tuks in Phnom Penh…
52. Thailand will never be the same.
53. I’m in love with George Town.
54. I’m never really alone.